Guy Engineering Team. We're 26 kinds of awesome.

About Us.

Guy Engineering Services, Inc. is a civil engineering consulting firm established in 1987.

Guy Engineering Services employs a staff of approximately 36.

GUY’s Company History

In 1987, the forerunner of GUY Engineering, Willard Engineering, was founded on hydrology and hydraulics (“H&H”) contracts for the Tulsa District Army Corp of Engineers. Stream modeling, reservoir in-flow, hydro-power installation evaluations, reservoir water control manuals, sediment surveys, and river forecast models were some of the early projects. Work partners included Mark Swift, Janet Meshek, Monty Karns, and Bill Blackard. Julie Guy joined Willard Engineering in 1987.

Mark, Monty, Julie and Bill, bought out Troy in 1988 and we became Swift, Karns & Guy Engineers, Inc. as Julie drew the short straw. H&H work for the Corps of Engineers continued for several years. Bill Blackard guided the bookkeeping requirements and closed the books monthly until 2009. We also started doing small drainage projects for the City of Tulsa. Monty marketed County work since his background included work for ODOT.  County bridge design was a natural fit for our H&H background.

In 1990, Mark and Julie bought out Monty’s interests and we became Swift & Guy Engineers, Inc. City of Tulsa street maintenance projects, County bridge design for Mayes and Nowata counties, and off-system bridge inspection for Nowata, Osage and Craig counties was our work staple. We performed this work with a staff of 5 people, with Mark and Julie sharing the bridge inspection duties. Our clients liked our small firm and the fact that either of us could answer questions on the status of their project. ODOT Local Government liked the detailed plans we prepared as we learned the “ODOT way” of plan preparation.

In 1996, Mark and Julie recognized that they each had different goals in business and decided to part ways. GUY Engineering Services was formed and continued to pursue transportation work, including utility relocation management.  Julie Guy and Jim Harden founded Harden & Associates Surveying and Mapping in 1997.  In 1998, the office building at 10759 E. Admiral was purchased and we moved out of downtown Tulsa. GUY and Harden shared office space until 2004. Julie sold her interest in Harden & Associates in 2005.

In 2006, Chris Cauthon, RLS was hired to head up our survey department.  John Blickensderfer PE, CFM, LSI was also hired at that time. John and Chris were made partners in the firm in 2008.

In 2012, GUY Engineering acquired Perez Engineering of Edmond, and began working in Washington, Choctaw, Bryan, Leflore, Pittsburg and Pushmataha counties.

In 2014, GUY Engineering became an ESOP, Employee Owned company, whereby the employees joined in ownership with Julie Guy and John Blickensderfer. With this change Julie became semi-retired and John Blickensderfer was named President. Julie remained involved in the company as a part-time employee and led the corporations as the Chairman of the Board of Directors.

In 2015, Julie sold her remaining interest in the company to John Blickensderfer. John now owns 51% of the company and is both President and Chairman of the Board of Directors.  The employee ESOP owns the remaining 49% of the company. Julie continues to be involved as a part-time, on-call employee.


Guy Engineering Services provides engineering and planning services to various city, county, state, and federal agencies as well as individual developers and corporations.

Engineering services offered by Guy Engineering Services include:

Bridges and culverts
Roadways and highways
Storm drainage systems
Sanitary sewage collection facilities
Water distribution systems
Project management and planning
Utility relocation management

The clients served by Guy Engineering Services include the following:

City of Tulsa
City of Oklahoma City
City of Stillwater
Oklahoma Department of Transportation
Osage County Rural Water District 15
City of Broken Arrow
City of Okmulgee
City of Shawnee
City of Sapulpa
Craig County
Creek County
Delaware County
Mayes County
Nowata County
Okmulgee County
Osage County
Ottawa County
Pawnee County
Rogers County
Washington County
Circuit Engineering District 1
Other consulting engineers

Our firm has earned a reputation for quality design and efficient production. Management and production techniques are monitored and a continual effort is made to improve efficiency and response time.