GUY is seeking a multi-faceted Field Data Collection Technician, with 0-3 years of related field data collection experience (survey, utility relocation and bridge inspection), in our Tulsa office.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist in performing bridge inspections (additional training provided).
- Assist in performing land surveys
- Read, understand, interpret and communicate the detailed elements of highway construction, right-of-way plans, and bridge inspection reports
- Identify existing utility facilities in the field and interpret utility owner atlas sheets
- Keep clear and detailed records of meetings, take appropriate and clear photos and corresponding documentation, and generate professional, detailed reports and correspondence
- 0-3 years related field data collection experience preferred. GIS experience is a plus. Courthouse research and utility locating as it pertains to reconnaissance is preferred
- Knowledge of survey field techniques and survey language
- Intermediate PC skills (Word/Excel/Outlook), communication and organizational skills are required
- Ability to adapt to changes in technology and methods
- Ability to conduct themselves in a professional and courteous manner at all times with all contacts, applying an understanding of professional and ethical responsibilities.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and/or MicroStation is a plus
- Ability to pass the FHWA-NHI-130055 Safety Inspection of In-Service Bridges course
- Work for sustained periods of time maintaining concentrated attention to detail in highly analytical situations requiring an extremely high degree of accuracy
- Use tools or equipment requiring a high degree of dexterity
- Able to distinguish between shades of color
- Able to communicate via radios
- Regular field work that requires walking, standing, or stooping
- Occasionally lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects weighing up to 60 pounds; frequently lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Carry equipment up and down steep terrain
- Walk, stand, crouch, or run on narrow, slippery surfaces
- Work is regularly performed for sustained periods outdoors in hot, cold, or inclement weather