GUY’s Tulsa office is seeking a Field Data Collection Technician who will be responsible for supervised collection of general civil engineering field data related to surveying, right of way, subsurface utility engineering, and bridge inspections..
Essential Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist in performing surveys for county roads, bridges, debris basins, buildings, and other properties.
- Assist with supervised subsurface utility locating.
- Assist with identifying existing utility facilities in the field.
- Assist in performing bridge inspections per FHWA requirements.
- Act as chain-man or rod-man.
- Read, understand, interpret, and communicate the general elements of highway construction, right-of-way plans, and bridge inspection reports.
- Take legible notes.
- Keep clear and detailed records of meetings, take appropriate and clear photos and corresponding documentation, draft bridge sketches, and generate professional, detailed reports and correspondence.
- Responsible for maintenance of trucks and general non-technical equipment.
- Responsible for loading and unloading equipment, ensuring equipment is left to charge overnight, and stocking trucks daily.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED
- Knowledge of survey field techniques and survey language.
- Intermediate PC skills (Word/Excel/Outlook)
- Communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to use the Internet as a research tool.
- Ability to work independently and contribute to the overall team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to effectively prioritize work to meet established deadlines.
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to adapt to changes in technology and methods of inspection.
- Ability to act professionally and courteously at all times with all contacts, applying an understanding of professional and ethical responsibilities.
- Attend and pass the FHWA-NHI-130055 Safety Inspection of In-Service Bridges course.
- Work for sustained periods of time maintaining concentrated attention to detail in highly analytical situations requiring an extremely high degree of accuracy.
- Use tools or equipment requiring a high degree of dexterity.
- Able to distinguish between shades of color.
- Able to communicate via radios.
- Regular field work that requires walking, standing, or stooping.
- Occasionally lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects weighing up to 60 pounds; frequently lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Carry equipment up and down steep terrain.
- Walk, stand, crouch, or run on narrow, slippery surfaces.
- Work is regularly performed for sustained periods outdoors in hot, cold, or inclement weather.
This position is a safety sensitive position and may require safe operation of company vehicles as well as performance of other functions that are safety critical. Guy Engineering adheres to and abides by the Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988.
With offices in Tulsa and metro Oklahoma City, GUY provides civil engineering and surveying services for clients throughout Oklahoma. You will be an integral part of our team FROM DAY ONE as an employee-owner in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
We offer an excellent benefit and compensation package including medical, dental, vision, life, disability plans, and two retirement plans: a 401(k) and an ESOP.
Please submit your resume to:
GUY Engineering Services, Inc.
6910 E 14th St
Tulsa, OK 74112