GUY is seeking a Structural (Bridge) Project Engineer with 10-15 years of AASHTO bridge design experience who is ready to take on project management and client management responsibilities. The position can be located at our Tulsa or OKC Metro office. Five years of experience in Oklahoma with ODOT design standards, policies and procedures is preferred.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage projects and design bridges (primarily of steel, concrete and precast/prestress construction) and a variety of transportation related structures (retaining walls, culverts, sign structures, and other miscellaneous structures) using applicable software. Bridge design work encompasses new and replacement bridges, bridge widening, and bridge rehabilitation.
- Responsible for and complete all phases of structural project development including managing, planning, scheduling, analysis, design, development of contract plans, cost estimates, and technical specifications and reports.
- Work successfully within a team of structural engineers and CAD technicians
- Coordinate with other project disciplines, working closely with clients to meet their objectives
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering from a college or university in accordance with ABET/EAC standards
- Registration in good standing as a professional engineer with civil or structural designation at the State Board of Registration for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors
- 10-15 years engineering experience designing bridge projects
- Proficient understanding and use of AutoCad
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with RC-Pier, MDX, PS-Beam, BRASS Culvert, Mathcad, or similar software
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Ability to work independently and contribute to the overall team
- Excellent interpersonal skills a must
- Strong organizational skills and ability to effectively prioritize work to meet established deadlines
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced changing environment