Professional Engineer I
GUY is seeking a qualified professional civil engineer with a minimum of 4 years’ engineering experience for immediate employment in our Tulsa or Oklahoma City, OK office. The qualified applicant will possess a bachelor’s degree in engineering from a college or university in accordance with ABET/EAC standards and registration in good standing as a professional engineer with civil designation at the State Board of Registration for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors.
Essential roles and responsibilities
- Designs complete projects, systems, components, and/or processes.
- Prepares complete project documents under guidance of a Senior Engineer.
- Prepares scopes, budgets, and schedules for assignments, ensuring production deadlines are met.
- Attends project meetings and provides technical assistance for specific aspects of engineering assignments.
- Assists with proposals to provide professional services or obtain funding for engineering projects and programs.
- Assigns tasks to and directs Engineer Interns, technicians, and/or administrative staff.
- Performs engineering inspections and provides technical assistance during construction.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with clients, customers, officials, municipalities, contractors and others.
- Independently evaluates, selects, and adapts standard techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Designs, collects, analyzes, and interprets data.
- Formulates and solves problems.
- Modifies techniques and new approaches from general direction and guidance received on key objectives and complex problems and from own experience.
- Reviews operational procedures to ensure compliance with applicable policies and performance measures.
- Acquires and applies an understanding of professional and ethical responsibilities.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering
- Professional engineering license (able to obtain Oklahoma license)
- 4 years of engineering experience
- Proficient understanding of CIV3D/AutoCad
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and
- Ability to work independently and to contribute to the overall team
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Strong organizational skills and ability to effectively prioritize work to meet established deadlines.
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced, changing environment.
- Committed to lifelong learning as needed to maintain skill levels within the changing technology environment.
This position is a safety sensitive position and may require safe operation of company vehicles as well as performance of other functions that are safety critical. Guy Engineering adheres to and abides by the Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988.
With offices in Tulsa and metro Oklahoma City, GUY provides civil engineering and surveying services for clients throughout Oklahoma. You will be an integral part of our team FROM DAY ONE as an employee-owner in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
We offer an excellent benefit and compensation package including medical, dental, vision, life, disability plans, and two retirement plans: a 401(k) and an ESOP.