Engineer Intern I
GUY is seeking an Engineer Intern I who will be responsible for applying a variety of basic engineering principles to practical civil engineering projects. Must be willing to assist with general civil engineering field activities such as bridge inspections, Right of Way matters, survey work, utility locating, utility relocating, and drone application while under close supervision. Tasks will include using engineering equipment and tools, including computer applications to make, read, and interpret drawings and specifications; relating abstract ideas to actual needs; and adopting an effective course of action while effectively working with others to organize and conduct several activities/projects simultaneously.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities
- Apply prescribed techniques, procedures, and criteria in accordance to perform basic design tasks, collect data, and gather information for documents
- Perform routine technical work according to standard computations or analysis
- Prepare portions of project documents and apply sound engineering judgment
- Assist on tasks such as preparing permit applications, drawings, and CAD work
- Perform and understand basic survey fundamentals and Public Land Survey System
- Assist with scope, schedule, and budget, using time effectively
- Interact with staff, general public, officials, and contractors
- Prepare drawings and visual aids in accordance with the CAD standards manuals
- Acquire and apply an understanding of professional and ethical responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering from a college or university in accordance with ABET/EAC standards
- Has passed the Fundamentals of Engineering exam or will pass the exam within one year of hire
- Working knowledge of CIV3D/AutoCAD and/or MicroStation is preferred
- Commitment to lifetime learning as needed to maintain skill levels within the changing technology environment
- Familiarity with ODOT design standards and policies is preferred
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work independently and within teams are necessary
- Microsoft Office proficiency
This position is a safety sensitive position and may require safe operation of company vehicles as well as performance of other functions that are safety critical. Guy Engineering adheres to and abides by the Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988.
With offices in Tulsa and Oklahoma City, GUY provides civil engineering services for clients throughout Oklahoma. You will be an integral part of our team FROM DAY ONE as an employee- owner in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
We offer an excellent benefit and compensation package including medical, dental, vision, life, disability plans, and two retirement plans: a 401(k) and an ESOP.