GUY’s Tulsa office is seeking a Right of Way Agent who will be responsible for assisting GUY’s right-of-way projects from start to finish, including research, negotiation and acquisition for rights of entry, easements, permits and any necessary agreements/permissions.
- 0-5 years related Oklahoma Department of Transportation experience in ROW acquisition and negotiation
- Strong customer and team focus
- Proficiency in MS Office suite
- Professional writing, strong proofreading and editing, and page layout with graphics ability
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Ability to work independently and contribute to the overall team
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to effectively prioritize work to meet established deadlines
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced, changing environment
- Committed to life time learning as needed to maintain skill levels within the changing technology environment
- Acquires and applies an understanding of professional and ethical responsibilities
Essential Roles and Responsibilities
- Demonstrate ROW knowledge of land and negotiating principles, state and federal ROW procedures and statutes
- Communicate with all concerning agencies, parties, and entities, including landowners, owner, client, government agencies, contractors and other external contacts involved
- Maintain positive relationships with all parties, upholding the image of client and company
- Conduct title and chain of title research, perform curative title, and request and prepare title certificates for abstractors
- Identify and contact agencies, parties, and entities affected by ROW project
- Prepare and file permits and applications with agencies, parties, and entities affected by ROW route
- Negotiate with landowners and other stakeholders acquiring rights of entry, easements, permits, and other necessary agreements/permissions
- Negotiate and mitigate settlements for damages with landowners and other stakeholders
- Manage the payments process for right of ways, damage settlements and permits
- Assist with training new ROW agents
- Assist with marketing and business development activities for the ROW department
- Maintain all necessary ROW certifications
- Other duties as assigned
This position is a safety sensitive position and may require safe operation of company vehicles as well as performance of other functions that are safety critical. Guy Engineering adheres to and abides by the Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988.
With offices in Tulsa and Oklahoma City, GUY provides civil engineering and surveying services for clients throughout Oklahoma. You will be an integral part of our team FROM DAY ONE as an employee-owner in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
We offer an excellent benefit and compensation package including medical, dental, vision, life, disability plans, and two retirement plans: a 401(k) and an ESOP.
Please submit your resume to:
GUY Engineering Services, Inc.
6910 E 14th St
Tulsa, OK 74112