Survey Crew Chief
GUY’s Tulsa office is seeking a Survey Crew Chief who will be responsible for leading crews collecting field data in order to create topographical maps and boundary surveys and will assist the Survey department with CAD and computations.
- Associates degree in Surveying and/or 2-4 years of related survey work experience. Certification as a Certified Survey Technician or Associates Degree preferred.
- Basic level math proficiency with computations using geometry and trigonometry.
- Knowledge of survey field techniques and survey language.
- Ability to use GPS, robotic total stations, and other electronic surveying equipment
- Ability to plumb range rods and level rods and use conventional surveying equipment such as rods, chains, tripods, levels, etc.
- Skill in taking legible notes.
- Ability to perform basic field calculations to check traverse closures, calculate coordinates, etc.
- Basic level proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Good communication skills (written and oral).
- Must be able to work independently and contribute to the overall team
- Strong organizational skills and ability to effectively prioritize work to meet established deadlines.
- Committed to learning new skills, as needed, to maintain competitive performance within the changing technology environment.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities
- Leads crew in performing design surveys for roads, bridges, and other infrastructure.
- Leads crew in performing land surveys for maintenance, location, and relocation of section corners.
- Leads crew in performing surveys that define the boundaries of real property and that establish rights-of-way for roadways and utilities.
- Leads crew in performing surveys to resolve title discrepancies.
- Responsible for maintaining data collectors structurally and internally and ensuring that field data is downloaded from them daily, along with field notes and other data gathered.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Work for sustained periods of time maintaining concentrated attention to detail in highly analytical situations requiring an extremely high degree of accuracy.
- Use tools or equipment requiring a high degree of dexterity.
- While working in the field: Regularly walk, stand, or stoop; Occasionally lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects weighing up to 60 pounds; Frequently lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Carry equipment up and down steep terrain; Walk, stand, crouch, or run on narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces.
- Work is regularly performed for sustained periods outdoors and occasionally in hot, cold, or inclement weather.
This position is a safety sensitive position and may require safe operation of company vehicles as well as performance of other functions that are safety critical. Guy Engineering adheres to and abides by the Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988.
With offices in Tulsa and metro Oklahoma City, GUY provides civil engineering and surveying services for clients throughout Oklahoma. You will be an integral part of our team FROM DAY ONE as an employee-owner in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
We offer an excellent benefit and compensation package including medical, dental, vision, life, disability plans, and two retirement plans: a 401(k) and an ESOP.
Please submit your resume to:
GUY Engineering Services, Inc.
6910 E 14th St
Tulsa, OK 74112