GUY is seeking a qualified CAD Designer with a minimum of four years of industry experience for our Tulsa office. Responsible for preparing technical drawings and plans for civil engineering projects with design knowledge in a specialty area, i.e. road, bridge, utilities, drainage, etc. Civil3D experience is required.
Essential roles and responsibilities
- Apply engineering principles to designs and various components.
- Prepare creative designs or related drawings or details. Complete design work via CAD software.
- Use designs to develop specifications for estimate of materials and level of effort/hours required for project(s).
- Assist senior level staff with clients and agencies, subcontractors, and design teams on moderately complex project issues.
- Adopt appropriate drawing standards and protocols to suit project and client requirements.
- Deliver design work at a high level of detail, accuracy, and standard under tight project deadlines.
- Review complete drawings and cost estimates for accuracy and conformity to standards and regulations. Determine scope of work or budget needs on revisions.
- Understand project scope and ensure designs are consistent with project technical requirements and scope. Work to specifications and discipline-associated instructions in accordance with established design practices, standards and procedures.
- Demonstrate understanding or CAD operational processes and ability to analyze and articulate the impact of proposed changes.
- Champion, motivate, inspire, and promote continuous work process improvements for the CAD team.
- Associate’s Degree with four or more years related experience preferred.
- Experience in Civil3D is required.
- MicroStation experience in Civil Engineering or Surveying field a plus.
- Understanding of applicable local design standards, details and specifications
Good communication, mathematical (computations, geometry, trigonometry and/or calculus) and IT skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize workload and meet established deadlines.
- Demonstrates commitment to learning and adapting skill levels in a changing technology environment.
- Ability to work inter-dependently and contribute to overall team