GUY is seeking a Professional Land Surveyor for immediate employment in the Tulsa, OK office. This individual directs overall operations of GUY’s survey department, providing leadership, managerial, and professional surveying services internally and externally.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviews and approves products developed by the department
- Performs a variety of administrative, professional, and scientific professional surveying tasks
- Coordinates, organizes, and supervises operations of the survey department on an inter-state basis
- Represents the survey department in contacts with clients, the general public, and public officials.
- Develops and maintains a healthy network of clients and effectively manages client relationships.
- Helps in developing, capturing, and maintaining workload for the team through business development efforts.
- Registration in good standing as a Professional Land Surveyor by the Oklahoma State Board of Registration for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors. Registration in surrounding states preferred; ability and willingness to pursue and obtain licensure in additional states required.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, MicroStation, and Carlson preferred.
- Experience in a civil engineering environment preferred.
- Experience with Oklahoma Department of Transportation (ODOT) survey guidelines and procedures preferred.
- Advanced proficiency with surveying computations.
- Knowledge of Oklahoma Statutes pertinent to land surveying, land titles, or deeds and/or grants.
- Ability to read and interpret legal documents, land survey drawings, field notes, and engineering plans.
- Ability to use GPS equipment, total stations, and other electronic surveying equipment.
- Ability to perform advanced field calculations to check traverse closures, calculate coordinates, and GPS positioning information.
- Intermediate level proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Good communication skills (written and oral).
- Strong organizational skills and ability to effectively prioritize work to meet established deadlines.
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced, changing environment.
- Commitment to lifetime learning as needed to maintain skill levels within the changing technology environment.
- Occasional to frequent travel is required.
This position is a safety sensitive position and may require safe operation of company vehicles as well as performance of other functions that are safety critical. Guy Engineering adheres to and abides by the Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988.
- Work for sustained periods of time maintaining concentrated attention to detail in highly analytical situations requiring an extremely high degree of accuracy; Use tools or equipment requiring a high degree of dexterity.
- While working in the field: Regularly walk, stand, or stoop; Occasionally lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects weighing up to 60 pounds; Frequently lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Use tools or equipment requiring a high degree of dexterity; Carry equipment up and down steep terrain; Walk, stand, crouch, or run on narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces.
- Work is occasionally performed for sustained periods outdoors and occasionally in hot, cold, or inclement weather.