Utility strikes can cause injuries, delays, and cost overruns on your projects. GUY Engineering’s team of private and public utility locators help ensure that utility infrastructure is located within industry standards, keeping workers safe and projects on budget and on schedule.
What’s Under Your Feet?
GUY’s utility locating team can help you find out before construction begins. Utility locating provides cost savings at every phase of projects:
- Survey – Avoid the expense of repeated SUE calls on long-term projects with permanent mapping of utilities and as-built utility plans.
- Design – Provide architects and engineers with industry standard utility locations for projects.
- Preconstruction & Construction – Keep workers safe and equipment undamaged by avoiding utility strikes.
GUY’s utility locating team has worked on both public and private projects. Sectors in which they have worked include transportation, health care, education, and construction.
Quality Levels A-D
The four-step utility locating process can identify precise details of underground utilities, including its horizontal and vertical position, type, size, condition, and material. The GUY team can provide all four quality levels.
Utility Locating Services
- Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR)
- Subsurface Utility Mapping (SUM)
- Subsurface Utility Engineering (SUE)
- Electromagnetic Locating